Noah Layne

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Studies

Here are a of couple studies.  I was teaching a workshop up-island and on my way back to Victoria I stopped off in Maple Bay to visiting my friends and fellow Hudson River Fellows, Kate Stone and David Gluck (check out their blog in my blogs list).  We headed out to do some landscape studies.  The Maple Bay and Duncan areas are beautiful, lots of great things to paint!

Maple Bay Study, Oil on canvas panel 8"x10"

Here is a small hand study I did the other day.  I enjoy working on a bluish paper for these kind of drawings.  This one is on Canson Sky Blue.  I used to love using Fabriano Ingres papers but unfortunately they are no longer being made.  This seems to be the way things work the good stuff gets discontinued :(

Hand Study, Graphite and white conte.

No comments:

Post a Comment